On today’s show, we are speaking with health and fitness expert, Ben Greenfield. As a personal trainer and holistic nutritionist, it’s only fitting that he is speaking to us from his home office, walking on his manual treadmill (no electrical pollution).
Over the years, Ben has worn many hats including bodybuilder, Ironman triathlete, biohacker, and health + wellness expert. He is the author of Beyond Training, a book that will take your workouts to the next level, so you can look, feel, and perform your best!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Raising children, the healthy way
- Alternatives to the traditional education system
- Converting your office into a healthy workspace
- Turning your home into a healthy haven
- Do you suffer from manganese toxicity?
- An extreme world requires an “extreme” lifestyle shift
- Cholesterol isn’t a bad thing
- Ben’s current diet and high fat experiment
- The importance of following your ancestry when it comes to diet
- Using fat as a source of fuel for endurance vs. carbs
- What a diet of 90% fat looks like
- Eating more frequently DOESN’T increase your metabolism
- Fasting = anti-aging + longevity
- Detox + give your digestion a rest with intermittent fasting
Links to things we mentioned:
Ben Greenfield’s website
Ben Greenfield Fitness (Ben’s podcast)
Ben Greenfield – Beyond Training (book)
Ben Greenfield – How To Biohack The Ultimate Healthy Home (book)
Ben Greenfield Fitness Premium Access
Five in a Row – educational foundation
Rebel Desk – standing and treadmill desks
kybun – kyBounder mat
Focal Upright Furniture – Mobile Mogo Seat
Clearlight Infrared Saunas
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.