He hosts the Aubrey Marcus Podcast with over 10 million downloads. Aubrey regularly provides commentary to outlets like Entrepreneur, Forbes, The Doctors and The Joe Rogan Experience. He has been featured on the cover of Men’s Health and just released his first book, Own the Day, Own Your Life*.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Releasing Aubrey’s new book Own the Day, Own Your Life
- The catalyst for a big change in his life at age 30
- Onnit started out producing hangover supplements
- The entire Onnit empire was built on the back of podcasts
- We lose over a pound of water overnight, just from breathing
- Sunshine and movement set your circadian rhythm
- The benefits of a cold shower (acute stress)
- Can you push yourself to do the uncomfortable things because they’re good for you?
- Utilizing the time you spend commuting
- Why Aubrey checks his emails first thing when he arrives at work
- Starting with the hardest thing first
- Cultivating the right scent environment
- Creating an inspiring office space
- Grinding out work at a coffee shop or cafe to minimize distractions
- Cultivating courage
- Using caffeine to feel like a superhero
- Matcha… the king of green teas
- Get weird with lunch
- Why Aubrey is a big fan of napping
- If Aubrey could only keep one biohack, it would be… binaural beats
- Squeezing in a nap if you have a 9-5 job
- You’re going to be your strongest in the afternoon
- Exercise is a bonafide miracle drug
- We’re simultaneously more and less connected than ever
- Building intentional community
- Kids can teach us how to play
- Shutting down your phone to rest and recover
- The bedroom should be used for sex and sleep
- Aubrey does two different types of journaling
- A ginger hack if you’re feeling too full after a meal
CoreChair <== Apply the code tuhpcc at checkout for your listener discount (free shipping in North America)
Four Sigmatic <== 10% off all Four Sigmatic products & free shipping over $100
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100
Aubrey Marcus – Own the Day, Own Your Life (book)*
Aubrey Marcus’ website
Follow Aubrey Marcus on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter
Onnit Alpha Brain*
Robert Greene (books)*
Four Sigmatic Mushroom Matcha Drink Mix*
Nick Littlehales – Sleep (book)*
Listen to Charlie Hoehn previously on TUHP (episode #172)
222: Focus Friday – More Play
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app*.
6. Share using the buttons below.