Today we are talking with Anthony Anderson of Grow Paradise, a project dedicated to creating paradise in our current surroundings. Paradise creation can be applied to every aspect of our lives. Anthony is passionate about growing his own food (permaculture), homesteading and healthy living. He hosts Eco-Adventure Retreats on the Big Island of Hawaii.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Anthony’s health journey
- Dumpster diving and freeganism
- The hybridization of modern fruit
- Anthony’s previous struggle with bulimia
- The evolution of Anthony’s diet over the years and what he is currently eating
- The dangers of absolutes when it comes to diet
- Outside of food, other things Anthony does to maintain his health
- How simplicity can benefit your health
- The benefits of growing your own food
- How to grow next level plants
- How to produce healthy soil for your plants
- Healthy soil = healthy people
- The importance of organic crops and avoiding GMOs
- Homesteading and rocket mass heaters
- Anthony’s food forest in Minnesota
- Anthony’s upcoming Hawaiian Eco-Adventure Retreat
Links to things we mentioned:
Grow Paradise’s Hawaiian Eco-Adventure Retreat
Anthony’s YouTube channel (Rawmodel)
Climbing Coconuts In Hawaii (video)
Henry David Thoreau – Walden (book)
Commodities Natural Market
Nature’s First Law: The Raw-Food Diet (book)
The Man Who Planted Trees (video)
Lawyer Nursery Inc
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.